Rincon at a glance
Your City Government
Press Releases
City Council Minutes
Photo Gallery
County & State
Hometown Life
Hometown Happenings
Frequently Asked Questions
Employment Opportunities
Lost Plantation Golf Club
Prescription Drug Discount Card
Online Bill Payment System
Site Map
Home Page





Home Page / Your City Government / Building & Zoning

Building & Zoning

With growth and development as continuing issues in the City of Rincon, the Building and Zoning Department plays an important role in the City’s government. Building and Zoning strives to ensure compliance with building codes and zoning ordinances in a timely and professional manner. Offices are in City Hall at 302 S. Columbia Avenue, and hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

To reach Building and Zoning staff, you can call 912-826-5996.  Faxes may be sent to 912-826-2083.


City of Rincon Planning and Zoning Board
Regular Meeting Schedule

2015 Meeting Schedule

Questions?  Contact Building & Zoning Coordinator, Dulcia King at 912-826-5996, or dking@cityofrincon.com


City of Rincon Zoning Ordinance

Zoning Ordinance June 24, 2013

Questions?  Contact City Planner, LaMeisha Hunter Kelly at 912-826-5996, or lhkelly@cityofrincon.com


Looking for Flood Zone Information?

Visit these FEMA websites:
www.floodsmart.gov www.fema.gov/hazard/flood/info.shtm

See the City of Rincon proposed
Flood Insurance Rate Maps

See the Homeowner FAQ

Contact Travis Grubbs at 912-826-5996, or tgrubbs@cityofrincon.com

New Construction: For information pertaining to new construction, remodeling, rehabilitation, pools, manufactured housing, accessory structures, please call 912-826-5996.

Inspections: All inspections require a minimum of 24 hours notice. Requests for inspection may be made 7 days a week and after work hours by calling 912-826-5996.

Single Family Building Permits: To obtain a building permit, you will need two copies of the construction plans and two copies of the site plans.  You can obtain the application form at the Building and Zoning Department at 302 S. Columbia Avenue in Rincon City Hall.  You will also need an Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC Permit and a Contractor's List.  We will also need copies of each trade's state license.

Single Family Residence
Water tap in fee


Sewer tap in fee


Water impact fee $1,173.
Sewer impact fee $2,769.
Water deposit fee $100.

Other fees Determined by...
Building fees Square footage
Electrical fees Electrical fixtures
Plumbing fees Plumbing fixtures
HVAC fees Tonnage

All ordinances of the City of Rincon, such as zoning information, land uses, municipal tree ordinance, open burning information, soil erosion & sedimentation control ordinance, etc., are available upon request for a fee.

Planning and Appeals Commission: The Commission meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the City Council Room located at 107 West 17th Street.

| Rincon At A Glance | Your City Government | Council Minutes | Brochures |
| Photo Gallery | County & State | Hometown Life | Hometown Happenings |
| Frequently Asked Questions | Employment Opportunities | Golf Course |
| Prescription Drug Discounts | Site Map | Home Page |

Website design and hosting by InterWeb Designs, Inc.
Copyright © 2003-2012 by InterWeb Designs, Inc.  All rights reserved.
This website may not be copied or reproduced in any form, in whole or in part, 
 by anyone without the express written permission of InterWeb Designs, Inc.